IT – Computer Graduates

Home IT – Computer Graduates

Job Placement for IT/Computer Graduates in Japan

IT industry continues to flourish in the technology-driven world. As a leading country in the field of technology, Japan is asking for more and more IT professionals. Recent research shows that Japan will be demanding around 790,000 IT professionals by 2030.

Visa Type: "Engineer/ Specialist in Humanities/International Services" visa

Category of Visa: E

Nepali IT/Computer engineers are required to obtain employment eligibility (i.e. a work visa) in order to stay in Japan and work full-time. The “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” visa is a typical work visa that is mainly for technicians and white-collar professionals. However, this visa does not correspond to simple or unskilled labor.

Earlier, this visa used to be split into two categories; ‘Engineer’ and ‘Specialist in Humanities/International Services’, but they were combined into one visa since April 2015.

General Working information

  • Location :- Tokyo- Japan (Mostly)
  • Working hour :- 9:00 AM to 18:00 PM (Including 1Hr lunch break)
  • Holiday :- Saturday/ Sunday and other National Holidays
  • Total Holidays :- 123-130 Days per year
  • Allowance :- varies as per organization
  • Overtime :- Separately pays according to Japanese labour laws
  • Welfare :- As per recruiting organization
  • Generally governmental social insurance program/ In house training / External training / Study and research supports etc.
  • Remuneration :- No less than Japanese national ( Typically 200000 YEN/Month)
  • Pay- Raise :- Increases at the time of promotion
  • Bonus :- 4 Months equivalent

Required Qualifications and Required documents :-

You are eligible to apply for the engineering job if you have the following qualifications: 

  • Bachelors Degree in the relevant field
  • Freshers can apply with Japanese Language proficiency
  • Better if you have the language level: JLPT N3.
  • Proficiency in English language.
  • Latest updated CV/Resume with the latest photograph
  • Latest Photograph

Stay duration in Japan in Work Visa

A work visa is given for the long term, however, it has an expiry date. The common visa periods in practice are a 5-year visa, a 3-year visa, and a 15-month visa. Your stay in Japan depends on your desire and the nature of the company. You take your family members after five years.

For more details, please feel free to contact us with an updated resume via