Required document for Student Visa

Home Required document for Student Visa

1. Application form(specified documents )

Required Documents Details Remarks
Provided by your desired school;
(Including your occupation and employment information of your financial sponsor)
( School’s Form provided by school)
2.  Resume (specified document ) ・Confirm all details written in the resume, and with applicant’s signature.
・If there is a blank period in between your education or work experience, please describe the reason on a separate sheet.
※Please submit a document certifying that you have an irregular academic
background or work experience.
Format provided by school
3.  Reasons of studying in Japan * Please describe in details. Separate paper you have to write
4. Pledge documents ・Please describe in details. Format Provided by School
5.  An original document certifies
final education
・Submit an original document certifies applicant’s final education. (The original one will return to applicant after verified by the Immigration Bureau of Japan.)
6. An original document certifies
final education transcript.
・Submit an original document certifies applicant’s final education transcript.
(The original one will return to applicant after verified by the Immigration Bureau of Japan.)
7. Certificate of Japanese
Language Test and results
・Submit the original certificate of JLPT, J-TEST, NAT-TEST, TOP-J, GNK or equivalent certificate/document of JLPT (N5).
8. Japanese Language Course
attendance record
・Submit a record indicated applicant that have completed learning Japanese Language more than 150 hours in Japanese Language Institute.
9. Copy of Family Register Relationship Verification Certification
10. Copy of ID Card Copy both side of applicant’s ID card. (Citizenship)
11. Certificate of Birth Issued officially by government.
12. Certificate of Employment
(if applicable)
・All Work History (with details of the length of service and type of occupation).
13. Police report
( Required if requested by Immigration)
Have to mention if you have
14. Certificate of student status/ Recommendation Letter
(if applicable)
・Submit a Certificate of Student Status shown the year of enrollment, Majors of Study, Graduate Estimation. (Issued from your college/ school)
15. 10 pieces of photo
(Height 4cm x Width 3cm)
・Photo taken within 3 months, upper body without a hat.
・10 pieces of same photos, write your name back of photos.


16. Document of Financial Sponsor
(specified document )
・Documents shall be completed by the sponsor of financial and with a signature of the sponsor. Format provided by School
17. Bank Balance Certificate with statement ・The bank statement shall be under the name of Financial sponsor and issued within 3 month and Bank statement should be 3 years long.
・Make sure that the balance of account is approximately 250 million Japanese Yen.
18. Explanation source of funds ・Submit related document that explain how funds has collected.
19. Income Statement ・Submit last 3 years of Income Statement & source of income.
20. Income Tax Statement ・Submit last 3 years of Income Tax Statements issued by government or related
21. The Relationship of financial
sponsor and applicant
・Submit document describes the relationship of financial sponsor and applicant. Such as official document of parent-child relationship, official document of family register, birth certificate, or relationship notarized documents.
22. Copy of ID Card of Sponsors ・Copy both side of Sponsor’s ID card.

【Important Notes】

①Except the original certificate, a document is valid only within six months since the date of issue.
(Document issued in Japan is only valid within 3 months since the date of issue)
※A certificate such as Certificate of Graduation means that cannot be issued more than once.
※A document means that can be issued more than once if you apply to issue. For example a document to certify Graduation, bank statement, etc.

②Documents in other languages are required to attach a Japanese translation.
(Please submit both original and translation. Do not allow to submit a translated document without the original one.)

③Documents submitted to the Immigration Bureau of Japan, will not return to applicant except the original certificates.

④Applicant shall have to sign all documents. In additional, do not use liquid paper to do correction on documents.

⑤Above-mentioned documents are required for applying a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Documents other than above-mentioned is possible to be required if there are any necessary.